Tuesday, March 11, 2008

As long as I don't swallow water . . .

Well, as you can tell, I didn't feel like running yesterday. It was the first full day after the time change and my legs were still tired from Saturday. I HATE time changes. I think it takes so much to get our bodies adjusted. I'm not sure that it truly benefits children (I think the reasoning that kids would be waiting for buses in the dark is bogus) because it takes so much to get adjusted.

Speaking of adjusting to time changes, I signed up for a USAC class on adjusting to time changes. I need 5 USAT approved CEUs by the end of the year. I may have 3 or 4 that I got when I was certified and hear the talk about nutrition (that was interesting but not what I had thought). I'm not worried about having enough hours as I still have my physical activity class I took last year to rely on.

It's spring break. Theoretically, I should have been at work today (my class day). Instead, I decided to take the whole day off. I goofed off for a while. I went to REI, hoping my pedals would be in. Only the toe clips were in. Interesting how the clips with the straps were only $6 per pair at REI and the clips and straps were each $6.99 at Performance Bike. Needless to say, once I picked up the ones at REI, the ones went back to Performance Bike. If only my pedals would come in . . . . I goofed off a bit at the Galleria and picked up some groceries before coming back to do homework and cook dinner. It was a pleasant day even though I didn't get everything I wanted done. I did manage to get the oil changed in the Avalon though. Oh, and I swam 900 meters. If I hadn't swallowed some water in the last 100 meters, I might have gone up to 1000 meters. A one k. But, it wasn't to be. However, I did do more freestyle. Today's workout:

8 x (25 breast, 25 free)
4 x (25 breast, 25 free, 50 breast)
8 x (25 breast, 25 free)
200 breast cool-down

The water was actually pretty pleasant. I thought I'd be freezing when I got out of the water because of the breeze, but it wasn't too bad. More pool lanes were open today, but it could be because there was a different Rec Center person on duty.

No comments: