Sunday, March 2, 2008

Non-Rodeo Run

We managed to get up begin running before 8. Actually, I think we were done by about 8:30. That was a good thing. It was pretty sunny and slightly humid. I managed to log in 4.5 miles. I can't remember how long it took, but it was something like 11:15 miles. I'll have to pull out Garmin and fill in all the blanks.

What is more exciting is the fact that we went bike shopping/collecting. I had to take my white bike in--Rita told me the REI guys would be leaving early and I knew I couldn't make it to City Hall before 2 that day. So, she emailed me and asked me to drop the bike off. I took it in yesterday and hope it will be done by Saturday. But, just before that, Lee bought a new bike. I guess he's had his eye on it for about a year . . . since I started thinking about buying a new bike (which I didn't do--I bought 2). After purchasing it, he rode it around in the parking lot and it didn't seem to be shifing correctly. So, he took it back in twice and they more-or-less fixed it. Fortuatnely, I had deposited the REI bike in the meanwhile. Then it was off to Spring Valley where I'd dropped off my new-to-me bike last week for assembly. It would have been great to have taken it for a spin, but it has no pedals. So, it was back to REI to try to find some. They didn't have what I was looking for, so we went back to Performance Bike (we'd already been there earlier to buy pedal cages). They had some on display that would have been perfect (with a perfect price), but of course, they were out. It's a good think I bought a pedal wrench. I think there will be some pedal shuffling. Eventually, I ordered some other ones from REI. I'm just not sure they'll be here before our big ride.

No comments: