Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Only on a Tuesday

Of course it was cold and windy today . . . even though it didn't rain. Had to have the heater on last night and heard the wind blowing all night. Needless to say, I had no intention of getting into the cold pool and even less desire to get out of the cold pool into the cold breeze. So, I spent 20 minutes on the CycleOps. I raised the seat about 2 inches. Amazing how much more wattage I got (between 80-114), how much higher my cadence was (between 85 and 100), and how much faster my pace was (between 20.5 and 23.4). I got a bit hot, but my legs weren't nearly as tired.

Class was rather interesting today. The speaker was the vice chancellor of health programs for the UT system. He really knows his stuff and apparently still practices. I can see how he was a driving force behind Code Red. Listening to him gave many of the proposals more meaning ashe provided many examples. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical before he started speaking. He also had very good control of the time.

Once again, I've failed to lace up a new pair of shoes. Maybe I'll just wear them with laces tomorrow and run that way. Of course, I'm going to have to tie my chip to the laces then. Perhaps I'll just get up early tomorrow to do it.

No comments: