Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oops.

It was a beautiful morning. A bit chilly so I started my warm up with a shirt on. Took it off before I was half done. It was a 1.7 mile warm up. Here's what the work out was supposed to be:

2 mile warm up
3 miles of 30/30.
Alternating 30sec fast & 30sec medium.
Medium pace should be as fast a possible but still being able to recover for the 30sec fast.
You must be able to change pace.
The goal is to run a fast 3 miles
Time and record your 3 miles.
*If at Memorial park you could also run 3 light posts hard & 2 light posts medium.
1-2 mile cool down

Well I blew it. I intended to set my Triax to go off every 30 seconds. But I had it at 3 seconds. So I thought, no matter, I'll just use Garmin to track. Somehow, I didn't figure out what I had done wrong until after 12 minutes. I ended up doing 3 minutes hard, 3 minutes medium for the first 12 minutes. Then I tried 30 hard 30 medium. Then I was so out of it, I think I ended up sprinting 2 light poles and walking one. The total time was still under 30--29:42. If I had done it correctly, I likely could have done it faster than my time trial. I was so pooped I didn't do much of a cool down.

And, as usual, my nose is running. Running the cold makes my nose run all day. I'm sure it's a reflex reaction that takes all day to get rid of.

No comments: