Friday, February 29, 2008

Half a mile? Or 800 meters?

Well, I managed to get in the pool today. The temp was rather comfortable. A little cool, but not miserable. I don't think I swam very fast (when I think "swam," all I can hear is my mother telling me the tenses--"swim, swam, swum; drink, drank, drunk"). Anyway, I did 300 meters before taking a break (3 x 50 breast, 50 free, 100 breast). I wanted to repeat that, but I think I missed one of the frees and had to switch. The first set took over 8 minutes, the second set was under 7. I really wanted to get out after that, but forced myself to do another 200 breast as a cool down. As I did the last 200, I thought, "Well, now I can say I did half a mile . . . that sounds way better than 800 meters!" After swimming, I dried off and headed to the gym for a shower. Fortunately, I had already read the paper, so all I did was drink water.

Why is it that "do" does not rhyme with "go"? Claudia brought glazed donuts (or should I say doughnuts) today. I had one. And I had cherry toaster strudel before swimming. Needless to say, my half cup of twigs are going to remain uneaten today.

Although it's "Go Texan" day today, I don't see anyone around the office dressed as such. Maybe it was a good idea that I didn't get the western shirt after all!

Ok, so I managed to exercise 5 of the last 6 days. I really need to get a move on it and work out more. Maybe not the 13 sessions a week I used to do, but . . . .

No comments: