Sunday, February 3, 2008

Let's Try This Again . . .

I haven't been keeping up with any training logs. But then again, it's kinda tough (or more accurately, pointless) to log when you don't train. I think the only thing I did consistently was take 2007 easy. The first race of the season ended up not being much of a race. I wasn't too disappointed with my finish at the Aramco Half Marathon. Seeing as how I have had viral growths on the bottoms of my feet that regularly shoot pain up through my feet, I'm pleased to have even managed to finish with the time I did (2:30 and a bit). My left foot seems almost completely better . . . the right one still has a noticeable growth. At least it hurts less now. And, after yesterday's run, there was only minimal pain in taking my shoe off. BIG improvement.

I've also noticed that I didn't have any of the shin soreness. I suspect that is a result of both the improving feet and the fact that I have actually returned to abs and stretching, albeit only once a week. Since I dropped the Y membership, I don't have 4 classes per week to choose from. And since my Emerging Issues on Public Health class is on Tuesdays, I can't go then. I suppose I could go spin and to abs/stretching on Saturdays, but we're trying to do long runs then. This week is the Surfside Half.

Well, I'm also hoping to run regularly again. Spring Track starts tomorrow. I've been pretty good about spinning once a week and swimming once a week. With any luck, it will increase the calorie burn. I'm going to try to use this blog to record my mileage and stuff. We'll see how well I do.

No comments: